Tribe of Talako - The Tribe of Talako started in 1949 at Lake Valley
Camp rented from the Pacific Gas and Electric Company
at their Lake Valley Reservoir south of Yuba Gap, CA.
There were 3 chiefs that year Charles Massen, Jim
Dagnall and Richard Peters.
In 1950 the camp used was at the new Camp Marin
Sierra. The two chiefs that year were Ted Davis and
The Tribe of Talako activities continued at Camp
Tamarancho, the Marin Council's local training camp at
Fairfax, CA and at its summer camp at Camp Marin
Sierra, at Yuba Gap, CA until 1958 when it became
Talako Lodge, No. 533.
The above information is from the book "75 years of
Scouting in Marin Council, BSA 1923-1998".
Information provided by Ken Wiltz
Material found on this page is the work of David L. Eby and used USSSP, Inc. by permission. This material may not be reproduced without the express permission of David L. Eby