Buckskin Son's of Camp Wauwepex - Created in 1923 in Nassau County Council in Rosyln, New York by "Chief" Howard Covey and Irving "Southy" Southworth. It took it's name from Dan Beard's "Buckskin Men" society. It existed through 1948 when it became Buckskin Lodge 412. The group had a special neckerchief and each member wore a white squaw feather at special camp functions.
Additional information may be found at:
Thanks to Michael Brown for the following info:
The use of the the Buckskin Tab insignia is still in use by the Buckskin
Material found on this page is the work of David L. Eby and used USSSP, Inc. by permission. This material may not be reproduced without the express permission of David L. Eby