Order of the Links - Existed in the Indian Trails Council in Janesville, Wisconsin prior to the early 1930's. Membership was bestowed upon nomination by peers and successful completion of an initiation. The symbol of membership was by wearing a single link of chain on the uniform. In the early 1930's Ku-Ni-Eh replaced the Order of the Links and members had an embroidered patch they wore on their right uniform sleeve. Ku-Ni-Eh was replaced in 1944 by Wag-O-Shag OA Lodge 280.
Besides being in operation in the Indian Trails Council it was also operating in the Valley Council at Gardner Dam Scout Camp in the 1930's. The Valley Council was based at Menasha, Wisconsin which is near Appleton and Green Bay. Indian Trails was based at Janesville, Wisconsin. They also used a single chain link as the symbol of membership. (This information was provided by George Cuhaj.)
Material found on this page is the work of David L. Eby and used USSSP, Inc. by permission. This material may not be reproduced without the express permission of David L. Eby