Blue Spruce Lodge - Created in 1935 at Camp Brule in the General Sullivan Council, it replaced
the OA lodge there (not unheard of) which was chartered in 1927. It existed
from 1935 through 1952 then it was replaced by the OA in 1953. As part of
the induction weekend, candidates would carve their name and the words "Blue
Spruce" into a rock with a nail. These rocks were placed at the council fire
ring with those that came before them. The OA lodge that replaced them
continued the tradition except replaced "Blue Spruce" with "WWW" and an
arrow. The Blue Spruce Lodge was similar to the OA except not as formal or
structured. They reportedly did not have a patch.
This membership card dates to the early 1950's.
Material found on this page is the work of David L. Eby and used USSSP, Inc. by permission. This material may not be reproduced without the express permission of David L. Eby