Quequatuck Indians - June 4, 1928, The Westerly, Rhode Island Lions Club
gave to the Westerly Troops of Boy Scouts of America a
tract of land on the Pawcatuck River, near the Meeting
House Bridge, for a scout reservation, which locality
the Indians of long ago called “Quequatuck.”
Therefore, the site was dedicated “Quequatuck.” The
Quequatuck Indians, an honorary society of Westerly
Boy Scouts was instituted to act as guardians of their
camp, membership being chosen according to the scout’s
ability as a camper.
of a book of the camp and group.
Material found on this page is the work of David L. Eby and used USSSP, Inc. by permission. This material may not be reproduced without the express permission of David L. Eby