These were the REQUIREMENTS before the REVISIONS
which were made on January 1, 2004.
To see the current requirements
- Take a clear set of prints. Use both rolled and plain impressions.
Make these on an 8-by-8-inch fingerprint identification card,
available from your local police department or counselor.
- Do the following:
- Name the surfaces of the body where friction or papillary
ridges are found.
- Explain why plain impressions must be taken on a card.
- Show you can identify the eight types of fingerprint patterns.
- Give a short history of fingerprinting. Tell the difference
between civil and criminal identification. Point out the purposes
Fingerprint Card for use in working on
BSA Advancement ID#: 49
Pamphlet Revision Date: 1983
Requirements last updated in 1982