|Earned before 4/1/95
||Earned after 4/1/95
This Merit Badge
is Required to earn the Eagle Scout Rank
These were the REQUIREMENTS before the REVISIONS
made on January 1, 2005.
To see the current requirements
- Prepare an outline and discuss with your merit badge counselor
what your family is and how the actions of one member can affect
the other members.
- List 10 reasons why you are important to your family. Review
these points with your parents or guardians and with your merit
- Prepare a list of your regular home duties or chores (at
least five) and do them for 90 days. Keep a record of how often
you do each of them.
- With the approval of your parent/guardians and your merit
badge counselor, decide on and carry out a project that you
would do around the house that would benefit the family. Submit
a report to your merit badge counselor outlining how the project
benefited the family.
- Plan and carry out a project that involves the participation
of your family. After carrying out the project, discuss the
following with your merit badge counselor:
- The objective or goal of the project.
- How individual members of your family participated
- The results of the project
- Do the following:
- Discuss with your merit badge counselor how to plan
and carry out a family discussion.
- After this discussion, plan and carry out a family discussion
to include the following subjects:
- How to avoid the use of drugs and drug abuse
- Understand the growing-up process, how the body
changes and making responsible decisions dealing with
- Personal and family finances
BSA Advancement ID#: 129
Pamphlet Revision Date: 1991
Requirements last updated in 1991