- Present evidence that you have cared for a pet for four months. Get approval before you start.*
- Write in 200 words or more about the care, feeding, and housing of your pet. Tell some interesting facts about it. Tell why you have this kind of pet. Give local laws, if any, relating to the pet you keep.
- Show that you have read a book or pamphlet, approved by your counselor, about your kind of pet.
- Do any ONE of the following:
- Show your pet in some pet show.
- Start a friend raising a pet like yours. Help your friend get a good start.
- Train a pet in three or more tricks or special abilities.
* Work done for other merit badges cannot be used for this requirement.
BSA Advancement ID#:
Requirements last updated in: 1995
Pamphlet Publication Number: 33281A or 35929
Pamphlet Stock (SKU) Number: 35929
Pamphlet Revision Date: 2003
Page updated on: June 21, 2017