- See or read three full-length plays or scripts. These can be from the stage, movies, television, or video. Write a review of each. Comment on the story, acting, and staging.
- Write a one-act play that will take at least eight minutes to perform. The play must have a main character, conflict, and a climax.
- Do THREE of the following:
- Act a major part in a full-length play; or act a part in three one-act plays.
- Direct a play. Cast, rehearse, and stage it. The play must be at least 10 minutes long.
- Design the set for a play or a production of a circus. Make a model of it.
- Design the costumes for five characters in one play set in a time before 1900.
- Show skill in stage makeup. Make up yourself or a friend as an old man, a clown, an extraterrestrial, or a monster as directed.
- Help with the building of scenery for one full-length play or two one-act plays.
- Design the lighting for a play; or, under guidance, handle the lighting for a play.
- Mime or pantomime any ONE of the following chosen by your counselor.
- You have come into a large room. It is full of pictures, furniture, other things of interest.
- As you are getting on as bus, your books fall into a puddle. By the time you pick them up, the bus has driven off.
- You have failed a school test. You are talking with your teacher who does not buy your story.
- You are at a camp with a new Scout. You try to help him pass a cooking test. He learns very slowly.
- You are at a banquet. The meat is good. You don't like the vegetable. The dessert is ice cream.
- You are a circus performer such as a juggler, high-wire artist, or lion tamer doing a routine.
- Explain the following: proscenium arch, central or arena staging, spotlight, floodlight, flies, center stage, stage right, stage left, stage brace, stage crew, cyclorama, portal, sound board.
- Do two short entertainment features that you could present either alone or with others for a troop meeting or campfire.
BSA Advancement ID#:
Requirements last updated in: 2005
Pamphlet Publication Number: 35959
Pamphlet Stock (SKU) Number: 35959
Pamphlet Revision Date: 2014
Page updated on: February 11, 2014