Sea Scouting Leader Training Award
Mates and ship committee members earn this award by qualifying for the requirements
- Complete Venturing Leader Specific Training.
- Sea Scout Adult Leader Basic Training.
- Complete a boating safety course offered by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Power Squadrons, or
NASBLA approved boater safety course.
Complete two years' tenure in any adult capacity in the Venturing program.
- Participate in ILSS training or the quarterdeck
training for the ship in each year.
- Serve as an adult leader in a ship that achieves at
least Bronze level of Journey to Excellence in each
- Give primary leadership in meeting at least one
ship Journey to Excellence objective in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental
or advanced training event at the council, area,
region, or national level during the two years.
- Perform to the satisfaction of the Skipper your
assigned leadership duties.
The Skipper and Commissioner must approve all
Sea Scout Adult Training Award Application
Page updated on:
May 23, 2014