Area Commissioner's Key
and Arrowhead Honor
Complete Commissioner Basic Training.
Complete 3 years as a registered commissioner within a 5-year period.
(Tenure for one award cannot be used for other training awards.)
Complete the Arrowhead Honor Award projects for your position.
Requirements for the Arrowhead Honor:
- Work with your area director or other designated staff adviser to
evaluate the performance of the council commissioners
at least twice annually.
- Establish regular communication with each council commissioner in the
area, taking advantage of resources provided by the national and regional
- Chair at least four council commissioner meetings annually—either in
person or by conference call—and include an
evaluation on the progress of the following:
- Develop and put into action a suitable recruiting and retention plan
for the councils in the area.
- Conduct unit commissioner membership ratio evaluations with the
stated goal of improving our ratios by specified amounts.
- Develop a plan for training and use of the Unit Visitation Tracking
System 2.0 in the councils.
- Discuss on a regular basis how to expand the role of the
commissioner in an effective Key 3 relationship.
- Promote the national training opportunities for the commissioner
corps, including those at the Philmont Training Center.
- Visit at least three councils in your area during the calendar year.
- Participate with or serve on the faculty of a commissioner conference or
College of Commissioner Science.
Source: Administration of
Commissioner Service (34501) - Page 47
Page updated on:
February 08, 2014