This award has been discontinued.
It has been replaced with the Cubmaster's Key.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2013.
Those starting work should use the requirements for the Cubmaster's Key.
Prior recipients may continue to wear the awards they earned.
To see the current requirements,
Serve as a registered assistant Cubmaster for one year and a registered Cubmaster for
one year, or serve as a registered Cubmaster for two years.
(Dates of service used to earn this award cannot be used to earn another key
- Complete Cubmaster Fast Start training
- Complete This Is Scouting and Cubmaster Specific Training.
- Complete Youth Protection Training.
- During each year of tenure for this award, participate in a Cub Scout leader
pow wow or University of Scouting, or attend at least four roundtables.
- As a Cubmaster or assistant Cubmaster in a pack, earn the National Quality
Unit Award at least twice.
- Earn the National Summertime Pack Award at least once.
- Plan and conduct pack meetings during each year registered as Cubmaster.
Record for the Cubmaster Award
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (#34169A)
Page updated on:
July 29, 2012