Venturing Leader's Training Award
The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with the previous requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the current requirements.
To see the previous requirements,
Complete at least two years of tenure as a registered adult
leader in a Venturing crew.
- Complete basic training for any Venturing leader position.
- Complete This Is Scouting training.
- Attend a university of Scouting (or equivalent), or attend at least four
roundtables/teen leaders’ council meetings/Venturing officers association
(or equivalent) during each year of the tenure used for this award.
Do the following during the tenure used for this award:
- Participate in an annual crew planning meeting in each year.
- Serve as an adult leader in a crew that achieves at least the Bronze
level of Journey to Excellence in each year.
The Quality Unit Award is acceptable if the tenure used is prior to 2011.
- Give primary leadership in meeting at least one crew Journey to
Excellence objective in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental or advanced training
event at the council, area, region, or national level during the two years.
Leader Progress Record
Source: Venturing Training Award - Progress Record (511-060)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012