Venturing Advisor's Key
The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with the previous requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the current requirements.
To see the previous requirements,
Complete at least three years of registered tenure as a Venturing crew
Advisor within a five-year period.
(This can include the tenure used to earn the Venturing Training Award.)
- Complete basic training for Advisors.
- Complete This Is Scouting training.
- Attend a university of Scouting (or equivalent), or attend at least four
roundtables/teen leaders’ councils/Venturing officers association meetings
(or equivalent) during each year of the tenure used for this award.
Do the following during the tenure used for this award:
- Achieve at least the Silver level of Journey to Excellence for at least
two years. The Quality Unit Award is acceptable if the tenure used is prior
- Have an annual crew planning session and have a published crew
meeting/activity schedule for the crew in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental or advanced training
event at the council, area, region, or national level.
for the Venturing Advisor's Key
Source: Venturing Advisor’s Key - Progress Record (511-056) 2012
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012