The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with the previous requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the current requirements.
To see the previous requirements,
Complete at least three years of registered tenure as a Scoutmaster
within a five-year period.
(This can include the tenure used to earn the Scouter’s Training Award.)
- Complete basic training for Scoutmasters.
- Complete This Is Scouting training.
- Attend a university of Scouting (or equivalent), or attend at least four
roundtables (or equivalent) during each year of the tenure used for this
Do the following during the tenure used for this award:
- Achieve at least the Silver level of Journey to Excellence for at least
two years. The Quality Unit Award is acceptable if the tenure used is prior
- Earn the National Outdoor Challenge Award at least once.
- Conduct an annual troop planning session and have a published troop
meeting/activity schedule for the troop’s parents in each year.
- Participate in at least one additional supplemental or advanced training
event at the council, area, region, or national level
Record for the Scoutmaster's Key
Source: Scoutmaster’s Key - Progress Record (511-054) 2012
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012