Varsity Scout Coach's Key
The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the new requirements.
To see the current requirements,
- Complete Varsity Scout Leader Fast Start Training.
- Complete New Leader Essentials:
- Complete Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training
- Complete Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
- Conduct Youth Leader Introduction to Leadership Training twice.
- Participate twice in a team leader seminar.
- Participate in one training course beyond Varsity Scout Leader Fundamentals
(local council, or national level experience).
Complete at least three years of registered tenure as a Varsity Scout Coach
within a 5 year period.
Serve as Coach of a Varsity Scout team that earns the National Quality Unit
Attend at least six Varsity Scout Leader Huddles each year.
Record for the Varsity Scout Leader Coach's Key and Varsity Scout Leader Training
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (34169A)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012