Varsity Scout Leader's Training Award
The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the new requirements.
To see the current requirements,
- Complete Varsity Scout Leader Fast Start Training
- Complete New Leader Essentials
- Complete Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training
- Complete Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
(for Coaches and assistants)
Complete a total of 2 years as a registered adult Varsity Scout leader.
Do five of the following:
- Participate in a team leader seminar.
- Help with two annual unit and/or district Friends of Scouting enrollments.
- Serve as a Varsity Scout program instructor or training course staff member.
- Participate actively in three team parents' nights or courts of honor
- Coordinate at least one team money-earning project.
- Serve for at least one year as team committee person assigned to one of
the five program fields of emphasis.
- Participate in six Varsity Scout leader huddles.
- Serve as an approved merit badge counselor for at least five Varsity Scouts.
- Serve for at least one year as chairman of a Varsity Scout team committee.
- Serve for at least one year on the Varsity Scout huddle staff.
- Help organize or reorganize a Varsity Scout team.
Record for the Varsity Scout Leader Coach's Key and Varsity Scout Leader Training
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (34169A)
Page updated on:
February 07, 2014