Camper Rank in 1971
Camper (Based on 1971 Requirements - Abbreviated Version) These requirements must be completed in five and one half days. If not, the must be started anew.
- Observe the rules of your camp and show respect and courtesy to your fellow campers and members of your camp staff.
- Pass a standard personal and tent inspection each day of camp.
- Repeat the Scout Oath, Scout Law and Scout Slogan
- Describe the Scout Badge and tell its meaning.
- Tell how Scouting began and how it came to America.
- Tell how a compass works, give 8 principle points and their degree readings. Use the compass to orient a map, then walk a compass course using the map taking at least three degree readings.
- Take an orientation hike and demonstrate proper hiking methods and safety.
- Whip the end of a rope.
- Correctly sharpen a knife and axe and give rules for their safe use.
- Do one hour of service for your camp.