Webelos Scouts that earn the Roller Skating Belt Loop
while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or in-line skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or in-line skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or in-line skating.
- Spend at least 15 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn and demonstrate two new roller skating skills: forward scissors, forward stroking, crossover, or squat skate.
- Participate in a roller or in-line skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backward. Skate backward for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or in-line skates.
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||Word Format||PDF Format|