This Loop and Pin replaced the former Skating
Belt Loop and Pin specifically for ROLLER skating.
To see the former requirements, which included both Roller and Ice Skating,
and which were in effect until 2002, click here.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Roller Skating Belt Loop
while a Webelos Scout
also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or in-line skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or in-line skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or in-line skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey,
- Learn two new roller skating skills: Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or in-line skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or in-line skates.