The Official BSA Whittling Chip
for Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts
is a Wallet Card (No. 34223A) and/or Patch (08598)
The Whittling Chip patch is considered a "Temporary Patch"
and, if worn, should be worn
centered on the RIGHT Pocket of the Cub Scout or Webelos Scout Uniform Shirt.
It should NOT be sewn on a pocket flap
In return for the privilege of carrying a pocketknife to designated Cub Scout functions, I agree to the following:
- I will treat my pocketknife with the respect due a useful tool.
- I will always close my pocketknife and put it away when not in use.
- I will not use my pocketknife when it might injure someone near me.
- I promise never to throw my pocketknife for any reason.
- I will use my pocketknife in a safe manner at all times.
The back of the card looks like the following:
The older version of the Whittling Chip card (No.34223), shown below, is also in wide use and is still valid.