New text is in bold GREEN underlined Serif
text like this sentence.
Deleted portions are struck through RED italic text like this sentence.
The Denali Award is available only to Varsity Scout team youth members who already have the Varsity Scout letter, and who complete the requirements for this award.
- Be registered as a Varsity Scout Team member.
- Advance one rank toward Eagle. If you are already an Eagle Scout, earn a Palm.
- Hold leadership positions in a Varsity Scout Team for at least six months.
- While serving as Team Captain or a Program Manager, act as primary leader on at least two activities. Program Managers should choose activities in their field of emphasis. Team Captains may be primary leaders of activities in any of the five fields of emphasis.
- While serving as a Program Manager or Team Captain, demonstrate shared leadership skills by participating in supportive roles in each of the three remaining three fields of emphasis.
- Satisfy the Team Captain that you know and live by
the Varsity Scout Pledge.
Demonstrate that you possess Scout Spirit by understanding and living by the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived each of the twelve points of the Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Complete a progress review.
A Denali certificate is also available. However, Varsity Coaches should request the certificate through their District Executive, as it is NOT available on the internet or through Supply, but only through the BSA intranet.
The "Varsity Scout Pledge" mentioned in the old text of requirement 5 was retired on June 1, 2014, as part of the process of moving to the use of the Scout Oath and Scout Law in all programs. It read as follows:
As a Varsity Scout I will:
Live by the Scout Oath,
Law, motto, and slogan;
Honor the dignity and worth of all persons;
Promote the cause of freedom; and
Do my best to be a good team member.