Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of ultimate to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate skills.
- Participate in an ultimate game.
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community ultimate tournament.
- Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques:one-handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- Spend a total of 90 minutes in practice developing individual defensive skills for the positions of marker and defender. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Explain the flight dynamics of the ultimate disk. Draw a diagram if needed.
- Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field, including end zones.
- Play five games of ultimate.
- Participate in an ultimate skills development clinic.
- Explain the history of ultimate and how it became a sport.
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||DOC File||PDF File|