Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of safe bicycling to your den leader or adult partner.
- Demonstrate the correct fit of a bicycle helmet.
- Show how to ride a bike safely, using all hand signals and following all safety and traffic rules. Ride for at least half an hour with an adult partner, your family, or your den.
Earn the Bicycling belt loop, and complete requirement 1 below, and do four more of the following requirements:
- Record on a chart at least 25 hours of bicycling. (Required)
- Participate in a pack, den, or community bike rodeo.
- Demonstrate how to repair a flat tire on a bicycle.
- Make a poster illustrating different types of early bikes and show it to your den.
- Demonstrate to your den or pack the use of proper bicycling safety equipment.
- With the help of a parent or adult partner, register or reregister your bicycle.
- Go on a "bicycle hike" with your family or den. Obey traffic rules related to bicycling.
- Repair or restore a nonfunctioning bicycle to a safe condition. Include the installation of all proper safety devices.
- Visit a bicycle race or exhibition.
- Help set up a bike rodeo or bike competition for your pack.
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||DOC File||PDF File|