Webelos Scouts that earn the Soccer Belt Loop while a
also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of soccer to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing soccer skills.
- Play a game of soccer.
Earn the Soccer belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack, school, or community soccer tournament.
- Demonstrate the skills of passing, collecting, shooting, heading, dribbling, and tackling.
- Demonstrate skill in goal keeping.
- Accurately lay out a soccer field for a game.
- Demonstrate five types of fouls and explain why players should avoid them.
- Demonstrate how to juggle the soccer ball and keep it from touching the ground for 30 seconds.
- Play at least two games of Soccer Tennis.
- Spend at least a total of six hours playing soccer. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Join a soccer team in your community or school.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional soccer game.
- Learn about a U.S. Olympic soccer team and report your information to your den.
- Explain the history of soccer.