Parent Orientation Information
The Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner for Timucua District, Gulf Ridge Council, has created a teaching aid for new "Cub Scout parents", especially single moms. It can also be used for really green Cub Scout leaders. He coupled the parents guide from a Wolf Cub handbook, some info on the history of Cub Scouts, Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book, and some other info, and assembled a self contained, simple study guide. You can download it from his pack website; http://www.pack92.net/akela.zip
He says anyone is entitled to use it qnd distribute it free of charge. It is an EXE file so that once downloaded, double clicking will run the program with its own built in viewer. The online version is on his pack website: http://www.pack92.net/akela.htm
Cub Scout Achievement, Elective, Rank, and Academics and Sports Trackers on their own website!!
A lot of websites carry the Excel based trackers she developed but have old and outdated versions. So Roxanne developed her own web page that will always carry the most recent versions (with all known bugs fixed and many enhancements recommended by users).
She recently revised the Cub Scout spreadsheets to –
ü Include the Outdoor Activity Award
ü Make them easier to work with in OpenOffice.
ü Track Tiger beads and handle up to 15 tigers.
Please direct your den leaders or advancement chairs to the website for the most recent versions of the trackers. (feel free to add a link to your pack's website if that is helpful!)
Thank you Roxanne!! CD
PS – She, also, has Girl Scout and Boy Scout Trackers!!!
ONE LAST THING
MURPHY'S OTHER LAWS
1. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
3. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
4. Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?
5. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
6. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
7. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
8. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
9. Honk if you love peace and quiet.
10. Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?
11. It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise its burial costs and blame it on the higher cost of living.
1. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.
2. You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
3. Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world population.
4. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
5. The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
6. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
7. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak