- Build a personal first aid kit or help build a group first aid kit.
- Know how to use everything in the kit.
- Teach another person in your crew, another crew, a Cub or Boy Scout group, or other how to make and use a personal or group first aid kit.
- Complete a 25 hour emergency first aid course.
- Complete a 45-hour emergency response course.
- Complete an EMT Basic course offered through a local hospital, college, or first aid crew.
Multiple Credit Note:
If you do 2, 3, or 4, you receive credit for the standard first aid requirement found in the core requirement section as well as the first aid requirement for the Venturing Silver Award. When you complete 1, you can receive credit for requirement 2(b) under the Lifesaver elective.
Above information from Ranger Handbook (No. 33494), 2009 printing.