May 2006 Cub Scout Roundtable Issue
| Volume 12, Issue 10
June 2006 Theme
Theme: Invent a Reason to Celebrate
Traveler and Artist
Tiger Cub Activities
Note on Word Searches, Word Games, Mazes and such – In order to make these items fit in the two column format of Baloo’s Bugle they are shrunk to a width of about 3 inches. Your Cubs probably need bigger pictures. You can get these by copying and pasting the picture from the Word version or clipping the picture in the Adobe (.pdf) version and then enlarging to page width. CD
Baltimore Area Council
How many words of three or more letters can be made from “Baden-Powell”? Set a time limit of 3 to 5 minutes.
Celebrate your Heritage
Baltimore Area Council
English Irish Gaelic Welsh
Spanish French German Italian
Portuguese Arabic Amharic Dutch
Danish Swedish Finnish Norwegian
Icelandic Eskimoan Hawaiian Chinese
Bantu Zulu Tagalog Korean
Japanese Vietnamese Thai Laotian
Cambodian Russian Ukrainian Swahili
Magyar Turkish Persian Haas
Latin Hebrew Yiddish Sanskrit
Hindu Punjabi Burmese Fulah
Ashanti Mandingo Polish Bulgarian
Romanian Czech Slovak Serbo-Croatian
How many of the fallowing holidays are real holidays?
Great Salt Lake Area Council
Penguin Awareness Day Save The Rhino Day
Wear Red Day Make Up Your Own Holiday Day
Pig Day National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
Lighten Up Day Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
Hug Your Cat Day Take Your Dog to Work Day
Air Conditioning Appreciation Day Hobbit Day
Take Your Houseplant For a Walk Day Girlfriend Day
Embrace Your Geekiness Day Haunted Refrigerator Day
World Kindness Day Talk Like a Pirate Day
National Whiners Day Evaluate Your Life Day
Alapaha Area Council
King Kamehameha Day is June 11
Use these words to complete the crossword
ALI’I DAVIS GRANDSON
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS KA’AHUMANU
KAMEHAMEHA KOHALA KOKOIKI
NU’UANU PADDLE PAI’EA
1. His name means "The Lonely One."
4. Kamehameha the Great unified the ___________ Islands.
5. Kamehameha I's childhood name. It means "hard-shelled crab."
8. Englishman Isaac _________ later became a trusted advisor to Kamehameha I.
9. Kamehameha V, who was the ____________ of Kamehameha I, established King Kamehameha Day in 1871.
11. At the Battle of _________, O'ahu warriors were driven over the pali (cliff).
12. A Hawaiian priest.
1. Kamehameha I was born in ____________, on the island of Hawaii.
2. Kamehameha I's favorite wife.
3. On the Hawaiian flag, the stripes represent the 8 main __________.
6. The Law of the Splintered __________ protected the weak from the strong.
7. The name of the star, meaning "little blood," that appeared in the sky when Kamehameha was born.
10. A Hawaiian chief.
Materials found in Baloo's Bugle may be used by Scouters for Scouting activities provided that Baloo's Bugle and the original contributors are cited as the source of the material.
Materials found at the U. S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. Website ©1997-2006 may be reproduced and used locally by Scouting volunteers for training purposes consistent with the programs of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) or other Scouting and Guiding Organizations. No material found here may be used or reproduced for electronic redistribution or for commercial or other non-Scouting purposes without the express permission of the U. S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. (USSSP) or other copyright holders. USSSP is not affiliated with BSA and does not speak on behalf of BSA. Opinions expressed on these web pages are those of the web authors.