These are the requirements for the Arrow of Light Badge which became effective on June 1, 2015.
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least six months since completing the fourth grade or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old. (Being active means having good attendance, paying your den dues, and working on den projects.)
- Complete each of the following Arrow of Light required adventures with your den or family:
- Complete three Webelos elective
adventures of your den or family's choosing.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide, and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.*
*If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian.
For those Scouts who earned the Webelos Badge before June 1, 2015, there are two options for earning the Arrow of Light:
- Option 1:
They may continue to work out of the previous handbook and complete the Arrow of Light requirements as stated.
See the requirements here.
Either activity pins or adventure pins may be used to satisfy elective requirements.
- Option 2:
They may begin using the new Webelos Handbook and the Webelos Den Leader Guide for the Arrow of Light adventures.
They must complete the four defined required adventures, and to satisfy the requirement for three electives they have two choices:
EITHER the new adventure electives
- Utilize activity badges earned under the previous program but which
were not used to fulfill the Webelos rank requirements.
See the various activity badge requirements here.
- Utilize EITHER the new adventure electives
Source: Cub Scout Webelos Handbook (#33452 - SKU 620139)