How Environmentally Aware Are You?
1. How many pounds of garbage does the average
American produce each year?
A. 15 pounds
B. 150 pounds
D. 15,000 pounds
2. Which of the following items will rapidly
biodegrade in today's modern landfills?
A. Newspapers and paper
C. Plastic bottles
D. None of the
3. How much of our garbage is currently going to
A. Between 86-100%
B. Between 70-85%
D. Between 35-54%
4. Which takes up the most landfill volume?
D. Yard wastes
5. Which of the following is the government's top
priority for minimizing waste and disposal costs?
B. Waste to energy incineration
What's In It?
For this preopening game, put a half-dozen or more
small items in a cloth bag of bean bag size. Items might include
marbles, a pen, quarter, key comb, lipstick tube, and paper clip. As
scouts arrive, ask each one to feel the bag from the outside and
write down his guess of what's in it.