- Participate in at least two Tier II or Tier III adventures at the crew, district, council, area, regional, or national level.
- Complete the following:
- Complete a standard CPR course such as American Red Cross - First Aid/CPR/AED for Schools and the Community or the American Heart Association - Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED or an equivalent course.
- Complete a standard first aid course such as the American Red Cross Standard First Aid or equivalent course.
- Complete the Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews course (or an equivalent).
- Complete the Goal-Setting and Time Management training courses.
- Complete Crew Officers Orientation.
- Personal Growth
- Complete a structured personal reflection, and use this reflection and what you learned from the process to prepare for goal setting and as part of your Discovery Award Advisor conference. Explore one of the following areas: Development of Faith,* Development of Self, and Development of Others.
- In consultation with your Advisor, establish at least one personal goal, and achieve it. The goal should be grounded in the area you explored in Discovery Award Personal Growth requirement 6.
- Participate in service activities totaling at least 24 hours. Up to half of the service may be delivered personally; the rest must be delivered through crew service activities.
- Advisor Conference and Board of Review
Upon completion of the Adventure, Leadership, Personal Growth, and Service requirements, complete the following.
- Since earning the Venturing Award, participate in a conference with your Advisor.* As a part of this conference, discuss with your Advisor the challenges you faced and what you learned in fulfilling Personal Growth requirements 6 and 7.
- After your Advisor conference, successfully complete a crew board of review.
*Venturers may, but are not required to share the personal reflection associated with Development of Faith with their Advisor during the Advisor conference, or during a board of review.
A Venturer may apply previous Venturing experiences to receive credit for requirements
1-3, 5, and 8, if the requirements were completed, as written, as a registered
Venturer prior to June 1, 2014.
Source: Venturing Awards and Requirements (34784 - SKU 618767)